Tuesday 27 April 2010

I can't hear you! ;o) .......Adding sound...

Ok, I'm pleased with how the animation is going but I feel that when you play back the whole movie, it seems a bit flat. It really needs a little something else.
I've experimented with playing different music as I reviewed the animation and most didn't suit the scenes in terms of tempo or mood, but I finally found one that suited it quite nicely.
It's called 'You've Got A Friend In Me' by Randy Newman.
I kind of see the Dippy Bird as feeling deep down like he's a friend of the owner but has been a little neglected and quite literally left on the shelf.
The pace of the music suits the animation too as the Dippy Bird rocks serenely back and forward.
I bought the track from Amazon.com and added it to Adobe Premiere as an MP3 Sound File. A little adjustment will be needed to get the volume levels to rise and fall at appropriate moments though such as coinciding with a sound effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment